Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#31: "Terminal Boredom"

In lieu of my new website having a domain and server (www.boredomisoverrated.com), I am going to post this video by The Cute Lepers"Terminal Boredom"   They only have the coolest name for a band ever.


Guitar Duel II
I have begun a new painting in my "drip series" style; "Guitar Duel II".  It is a sequel to an earlier piece I created called "Guitar Duel" that I sold to a friend now living in Chicago.  In this one, I am still using the same water-based Artisan oils that I used for the original, but I seem to be getting lighter and waterier (is that a word?) with the paint.  I also have been pouring in Refined Linseed Oil to give it a sheen and plan to varnish this piece.


My setup at the F.A.M.L. Art Event @ the 321 Local Rock Bar
7/4/2011

Speaking of varnish, I have begun varnishing my older pieces.  I won't upload any pictures because they haven't changed, they're just shiny now.  I also have begun framing them with frames given to me and purchased at Walmart and Goodwill.  I would definitely recommend buying frames at Walmart.  They tend have really decent prices in the Summer and Fall.  Last night I attended the 2nd F.A.M.L. Art Event at the 321 Local Rock Bar.  They are such good experiences that I hope to go to as many of them as possible.  You can find details here.

Spread the interwebz love ~ share my post.  :]

1 comment: