Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#30: "Wish You Were Here"

Sisterhood VIII - Hung Liu - 2007

 The way this blog thing works is like this:

I get into this amazing mood to tell the world what is going on in my head (like anyone really wants to know that..).  Then write like 5 posts; all in the span of like a single week.  I then run out of things to talk about and forget about my blogspot for about 1-2 months.  Rinse.  Repeat cycle.

So, I posted about an hour ago.  It's almost 3am.  I can't sleep.  I'm staring at the white ceiling; Nichole is laying next to me trying to ignore me.  My body kinda hurts from standing all day; at work for a few hours, and then at the FAML Art Event in Cocoa from like 5pm-12am.

So, here's what I'm going to do; I'm going to share my favorite artist with all 11 that potentially read my blog.  She's been my favorite artist for about 4-5 years now and every time I get the urge to look her up, and then do it, I am filled with both inspiration and awe.

Name:  Hung Liu
Age:  63
Sex:  Female
Descent:  Chinese-American
Website:  http://www.kelliu.com/
Wiki:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hung_Liu 

I'm not going to regurgitate information about her from wikipedia or her website.  But if you go to her site, you will see why she is one of my favorite artists of all time; you will also notice where I get a bit of my style/inspiration.

Adieu, friends.

1 comment: