Saturday, August 20, 2011

#32: [Boredom.Is.Overrated]

So, there is a now a Facebook page, a somewhat existent internet page, and this blog.  (My deviantArt doesn't count.)  On my the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Boredom.Is.Overrated), I am giving away a free print to a random person who comments on my status.  I hope to do this every now and then.  If you're interested, please find me on Facebook and comment on the status that talks about the giveaway (which will be decided tomorrow).




Guitar Duel II (Work In Progress)
Copyright  Casey Gardner (C)  2011
The addition of the black silhouettes really brings the painting to life; however, they take forever to paint. The creation of them is a mixture of random strokes with the pallet knife, as well as, deliberate, but painstaking painting of small back squares between lines of color.

One of my goals with these paintings is to make them as shiny as possible. I mixed in bu-ku amounts of linseed oil into the black, as well as, just poring it onto the canvas. In the end, I will varnish the whole painting to give it a final sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment