Thursday, February 13, 2014

#41: Where're you going and where've you been?

Where've I been?
Been trying to create a freaking following, and it's working.  I'm content with my success from 2013.  I've sold around 12 originals, am a member of an art gallery and studio (Off Center Art Center, Melbourne, FL), and have broken 500 "likes" on my Facebook art page (www.facebook.com/boredom.is.overrated).  Here's some of the work that have achieved happy new homes in the last 12 months:

[Untitled Tiger Painting]
36in. x 36in.

[Everyone Paints Sea Turtles]
12in. x 12in.

[Everyone Paints Space Telescopes
12in. x 12in. + shadowbox

[Birdy IV]
24in. x 48in.

[Colorado]
24in. x 24in.


Now what?
As I continue to move forward, people keep asking me about the [Birdy] series.  They say things like, "When am I going to do more?" "Those pieces are your best work." "You should keep doing those big anime paintings with the tape."  I DO enjoy making those immensely and I will probably create one or two this year, but I have to be in the right frame of mind.  I have to watching an anime; enjoying said anime; and feel a strong connection to the source.  Once that has happened, I carve out my own niche and express my own feelings and thoughts through 2ftx4ft canvas.  It'll happen when the time's right.  I'm enjoying the success of my inked pieces (as seen in the [Everyone Paints...] series).  Below is what I'm currently working; the paint is done, time for the inking...

[Untitled Sea Turtle]
36in. x 36in. - canvas


I've also decided to be a big boy and make my own shadowboxes, frames, etc.  Here's my first complete, hand-built shadowbox around my piece, [No Disintegrations].

[No Disintegrations]
24in. x 24in.

The Future? (specifically 2014)
You can find me selling my work at the first annual Space Coast Nerd Fest (www.spacecoastnerdfest.org).  Brian Benson is doing a good job getting lots of artists, attractions, events, etc. set up for the Fest and it's shaping up to be Melbourne's own little Megacon.  You can also find me at the Off Center Art Center in downtown Eau Gallie (www.ocacoffcenterartcenter.com).


No comments:

Post a Comment