Tuesday, May 14, 2013

#39: Why Women Are Important To Us [Men]


Are you a man?  Have you ever been unable to find what you're looking for in the fridge?  Tonight, we found a Fisher Audio Component MC-723bk for $18 at Goodwill.  (For those that don't speak in that talk, like me, it's a record player.)  I made sure to keep the receipt just in case it was totally busted.  After wondering why the cables were yellow and brown (instead of the modern red and black) and just hooking them up randomly, the system came to life!

"It's alive!"
I immediately grabbed my newest album, MUSE's "Black Holes & Revelations."  It sounded gorgeous; Matt Bellamy's vocals sounded great through the old speakers.  Nichole was making funny faces at my giddiness, so I thought I'd show off.  I grabbed my signed, unreleased Coheed & Cambria 45rpm.  Now, let me give you some background:  my other record player I bought brand new.  I love listening to records but know nothing of the hardware involved.  I know more about how the Millenium Falcon works.

Those modifications are so illegal..
So, of course, Mr. Claudio Sanchez's voice was extremely low (for him).  The music was much slower than it should have been.  I realized that I needed to find the button to switch from 33rpm to 45rpm.  I searched high and low for a button, switch, toggle.  Then I went to the master of all things, Google.  Google wanted me to buy the original manual from God-knows-what-year for $10 and had no information on how to switch between 33rpm and 45rpm.  In frustration, I just decided that I wasn't going to be able to play 45s on my new unit.


That's when Nichole walks over.  Within three minutes and with less than five text messages to her father, she has found the switch and is playing "The Running Free (Album Version)" by Coheed & Cambria.  This is a major reason why women are important.  I open the fridge and CANNOT find the sour cream.  She walks over pulls it out.  Usually it's in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment