Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#36: "Same Old Trip"

Working on a few new pieces - currently three, [Embalmed in Memory], [BP Doesn't Need Loose Lips], and a commission.

I posted a pic on the [Boredom.Is.Overrated] Facebook page last night of [Embalmed in Memory] (you'll never get that reference.. unless you're a fan of Akira Yamaoka).  This piece is heavily influence by survival horror videogames.  I'm a big fan of Silent Hill and F.E.A.R.

Here is last night's pic (immediately below) and what I've done to it today.  Enjoy.  :]

Day 1:  Just a drawing so far.  Canvas is 3ft x 4ft. 
Bottom half is an apocalyptic city landscape; top half is a mountain landscape.

Day 2:  Just letting blue and grey do their own thing. 
I will build upon the drips later.  Letting them create their own texture
is important to me.  I can paint over anything I don't like.
 Btw, I have postcards for sale now!  Check my Facebook page and click the tab "My Yardsale".

No comments:

Post a Comment